[Foundation-l] Re: board elections

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:52:15 UTC 2005

Anthere, you are right: I would not want to organize an election, even
if I were not already terribly overcommitted.  :-)

It didn't sound to me as though Erik was suggesting this, however.
Different roles related to a big event do not need to officially (or
unofficially!) be on a team.  Just as with articles and wikiprojects,
people should be able to work effectively with the same event without
getting in eachother's way.

If the goal is to have people *among* the Election Officials who can
manage translations, then Aphaia (and Danny too) have long experience
with this.  If the goal is to have third parties managing
translations, in coordination with the officials or organically,
please consider my earlier suggestion.

As to me and Danny...

On 5/1/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I love very very very much both Sj and Danny, but know they both have
> not so easy relationships together.

You seem to be right about this, in one direction.  It is a daily
mystery to me.  I like Danny as a person, respect his opinions and
understanding of the world, and admire his energy and his work.  His
recent animosity towards me is completely baffling...  I don't know
what has changed since we were on good terms; and would like nothing
better than to find out.

SJ