[Foundation-l] wiki representatives

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Sun May 1 22:04:15 UTC 2005

Hello,

Since we are holding a big election anyway, I want to suggest a second
election which could be held together with this one.

Currently, the exchange among the wikis and between wikis and the
foundation happens in an informal way. When there's need, announcements
are sent to the mailing list and one hopes that someone feels
responsible to take care of forwarding it to his
wikipedia/wikibooks/wikiquote.... Sometimes it happens, sometimes not.
Things like the privacy policy may be translated, may be transfered to a
wiki, but there's no guarantee at all.

I'd like to suggest a concept of wiki representatives: each community
elects two persons (or maybe one for very small wikis and three for the
really large) who act as the official contact persons and take care of
communication, approach the foundation if there are problems etc pp.

The larger our projects become, the more we need such a concept IMO.

greetings,
elian