[Foundation-l] Re: Business cards

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 11:54:06 UTC 2005

I agree a little card can help.
But keep in mind that this one is about the Foundation and its local
chapters. So, having a card confers a sort of authority to its holder
and Jimbo has more than once found himself in the situation where some
one he was talking to told him, "Mr X, your representant, told us that
blahblahblah". The person thought it real and true, and it was not so
easy for Jimbo to convince him otherwise.

Now, I think this is essentially a problem when discussion is over legal
issue, technical deals, donations negociations etc... which are the
concerns of the chapters and foundation proper.

This is quite different from being an editor on a project. We already
mentionned several times that it would be great for example, to have a
press card for some wikinewsies, as it would open them doors.
Similarly, setting up cards saying that someone is an editor at
wikipedia or wikinews (with Wikipedia logo or Wikinews logo) to help
access in some areas, do not seem to be a problem to me.

ant