[Foundation-l] Business cards

James D. Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Sat Mar 12 12:36:25 UTC 2005

On Friday, March 11, 2005 5:56 PM, foundation-l-bounces at wikimedia.org <>
wrote:

> I transfered to nota and Elian the set of business
> cards I made after James Forrester cards. I had to do
> them again unfortunately, as I could not open them
> with my available software and they were american
> format, not the one we use in Europe.

Umm. The ones I sent you were in PostScript format, A4-paper, European-size.
Unless I made a mistake, but I'm pretty sure I didn't... No, I checked,
they're European-sized, European paper. I also have made US-letter paper and
US-sized templates (for Jimbo and Mav and so on).

> These were done in Adobe Illustrator format.
> Elian will put on meta. And notafish could (if you ask
> nicely) make each of you a set at your name and sent
> you a high quality pdf for printing. If you purchase a
> set of pre-cut cards, it is quite cheap.

Hmm. This is what I was doing... I've been usurped! ;-)

> The benefit of it could be that we all have similar looking cards.

Or, better, that they are 'official' cards.

[Snip]

> It would be nice to get James cards as well, to put them on meta
> possibly.

Jimbo has a copy of the templates. The problem with putting them up on a
public place is that anyone could come along and provide an 'offical' card,
which might prove difficult to

> Last point, it was suggested that only board members
> or officers get cards, not regular members of
> associations. I do not think this is a problem.

Yeah, I put something quite detailed about this on [[Official position]] on
meta.

[Snip]

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester -- Wikimedia: [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Mail: james at jdforrester.org | jon at eh.org | csvla at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
IM  : (MSN) jamesdforrester at hotmail.com