[Foundation-l] Re: A proposal for better communication on Foundation issues

notafish notafishz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:08:34 UTC 2005

> Initially, I had thought of putting it all on the
> current board list. However, Angela noted this
> possible requirement issue about privacy, which indeed
> seems potentially problematic to me. She is rather
> supportive of the two queue idea.
>
> Jimbo is supportive of the idea of delegating, but
> think a two board queue is too complicated, so would
> rather support keeping it all in one queue, the
> current board one. And allowing two people to help for
> now.

> Note that this would in effect help us with the mails,
> but go against the privacy supported by Angela, and
> not  go in the direction of creation of a volunteer
> staff... unless the people allowed on this unique
> board list is much bigger than currently suggested.
>
> I agree a two board queue is more complicated, but on
> the other hand, it allowed any mail to be at least
> once seen by one of us.

> As for the requirement of privacy, it could possibly
> be left out if we are very very clear to say that
> mails will not be "private" (though we would ask
> allowed people on otrs to swear discretion I suppose).
> In this case, private mails to board would be the
> solution.

Imho, if people *really* want privacy, they will probably contact you
three on a personal basis (say, Microsoft for example ;-), rather than
on a "board" list. That's what I would do anyway.

I am happy with either proposition (the two board queues or the one
board queue and people to help), and of course, I am ready to help.

The initiative is, as always, great. thank you Anthere.

Best,

Delphine