[Foundation-l] Re: A proposal for better communication on Foundation issues

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 15:00:56 UTC 2005

>The email problem seems to me like a bad spot showing
>more than you are
>talking about. What about gathering a volunteer staff
>like any non-profit
>organization ? I doubt very much the Red Croos
>association or Amnesty
>International coping the routine chores with 3
persons. >For the rest of it,
>I am of course willing to help on legal matters the
way >you find
>appropriate, your suggestion seems allright to me.
>villy

Thank you for understanding the thought being my idea
Villy.

I had many comments on irc, most positive. Some also
proposed their help by mail.

Initially, I had thought of putting it all on the
current board list. However, Angela noted this
possible requirement issue about privacy, which indeed
seems potentially problematic to me. She is rather
supportive of the two queue idea.

Jimbo is supportive of the idea of delegating, but
think a two board queue is too complicated, so would
rather support keeping it all in one queue, the
current board one. And allowing two people to help for
now.

Note that this would in effect help us with the mails,
but go against the privacy supported by Angela, and
not  go in the direction of creation of a volunteer
staff... unless the people allowed on this unique
board list is much bigger than currently suggested.

I agree a two board queue is more complicated, but on
the other hand, it allowed any mail to be at least
once seen by one of us.

As for the requirement of privacy, it could possibly
be left out if we are very very clear to say that
mails will not be "private" (though we would ask
allowed people on otrs to swear discretion I suppose).
In this case, private mails to board would be the
solution.

Currently, nothing seems clearly decided then.

Ant