[Foundation-l] New project proposal - Wikibuilder

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 12:21:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:26:59 -0800, Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales
<jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Anything that wants to get started on wikicities would gladly be moved
> to Wikimedia if the communities both wanted it that way.  That is,
> anything which fits with the Wikimedia charitble public purpose
> mission which gets started at wikicities will not be held there.
<snip>

i remember you saying on several occasions that you wanted to keep
your stuff (bormis, wikia, wikicites, <anything else i might not know
about>) and wikimedia seperate. I also remember you saying that you
did not think that it would be appropriate for other wikis started
elsewhere to merge with, or become part of the wikimedia family.

I dont mean to nitpick or anything but a) have you really thought this
offer thru; and b) did i misinterpret what you said (wrote)
previously.

Again i dont mean to nitpick, and im certainly not trying to critisise
you (i think hosting trial projects at wikicities may well be a good
idea), im just curious and also dont wont to give any more fodder to
the cabal myth.

humbily,
[[User:The bellman]]

--
hit me: robin.shannon.id.au
jab me: saudade at jabber.zim.net.au

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Recombo Plus License. To view a copy of this license, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/