[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:53:39 UTC 2005

Christiaan Briggs wrote:

> I've come back for more advice. Although the outlining of and
> discussion about the desirability of [[End-user image suppression]]
> has been moved to [[Desirability of End-user image suppression]], and
> this is made clear in the opening paragraph of [[End-user image
> suppression]], User:GerardM is still insisting on posting desirability
> discussion to [[End-user image suppression]]. What to do?
>
> Christiaan

Christiaan,
It is one thing to split articles into two, it is another to castrate
the talk pages and move all things that are not to your liking
elsewhere. Your right to ask for a method to have mechanisms into the
mediawiki software is equal to my right to have an angst of this first
step of introducing censorship into our projects.

*Your proposal will make it mandatory to allow for tags/categorisations
so that censorship will work.
*Your original article title was End-user content suppression and
decided that this was not "good" renamed it to image suppression
*There has already been one anonymous coward asking for using your
censoring mechanism for content.
*You have repeatedly removed all things you thing are detrimental to
your proposal from the article and its talk page
*Basically you ask for censorship and find people who oppose it.

As to your question, withdraw your proposal or allow for criticism.

Thanks,
as to your proposal: No thanks !
    GerardM