[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Wed Feb 23 17:12:55 UTC 2005

> You didn't respond to any of my points. And the point you make above
> is yet another straw man. If governments want to block or filter
> Wikipedia there's nothing stopping them from doing that right now.
> What this proposal does is provide users with a choice about which
> images they are presented with when surfing Wikimedia projects.

And what if their providers/governments make the choice for them, Thers
is no choice for them left. Also who decides on what is inappropriate? I
much better like another solution. Put the shocking pictures on a
subpage to the article instead of electronically tagging them.

There is nothing stopping anybody from blocking or filtering wikipedia
right now no ..... I do not see one reason why we should give them the
tools to give them an excuse to do so and make it easier for them. Now
they might not filter becuase it is to much of a pain for them. But when
we will tag the things for them we only make it easier for them to think
hey yes we could do that! I see no reason to help them or give them that
idea.

Walter van Kalken