[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Wed Feb 23 17:01:11 UTC 2005

Walter van Kalken wrote:

> Well I kinda understand his reaction. Have you ever lived in a country
> were they block 30.000 websites and growing? Where the government is
> actually implying a policy of what its inhabitants are "allowed" to
> see? Why should we make it any easier for these kind of governments?

You didn't respond to any of my points. And the point you make above is
yet another straw man. If governments want to block or filter Wikipedia
there's nothing stopping them from doing that right now. What this
proposal does is provide users with a choice about which images they
are presented with when surfing Wikimedia projects.

Christiaan