David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Tue Feb 15 20:51:46 UTC 2005

sannse (sannse at tiscali.co.uk) [050216 04:13]:

> I don't know what the solution is, except for ja. being asked to change
> their policy here.  I don't see why the blocking system cannot be told
> to ignore this particular set (although I don't know the technicalities
> of course).  Note that these blocks are *not* in response to vandalism -
> proxies are blocked automatically even if no bad edits have come from
> that address.

Ah, that bit I didn't know about. I understand en: used to do this but
stopped when proxy owners complained.

>  Waerth is an excellent contributor, active in foundation
> issues as well as local issues, it's a real shame to see him distressed
> by this problem.

He also left an abusive note on my en: talk page. Apparently he considers
me personally responsible for the policy on ja:. I'm not inclined to
attempt rational explanation with the abusive.

- d.