[Foundation-l] Re: Google Donating Bandwidth and Servers to Wikipedia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 08:28:17 UTC 2005

--- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure I will continue to participate in Wikimedia Foundation
> activities until this is resolved.  In particular, multiple reverts with
> no edit summaries from Jimbo, and locking pages after removing
> information is no way to run a Wiki.  Meta is a place where any user may
> place information---you guys can censor wikimediafoundation.org if you
> want, but please don't fuck up meta.

*I* protected that page some time before Jimbo's first edit to it. The reason
was vandalism from Slashdot trolls. This page is also being referred to by news
agencies as an 'official statement' by the foundation. It is therefore *very*
appropriate for rumors and even for known but sensitive info (that probably
should not be public) to be removed from it.

--mav