[Foundation-l] Pissed off

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Fri Feb 11 17:48:37 UTC 2005

I am getting pissed off with the automatic blockbot the Japanese
wikipedia uses. Japanese wikipedia has pre-emptively blocked whole
ranges of IP - addresses. Including the ones Thailands biggest provider
uses (a couple of 100.000 potential wikipedians). Every time I need to
make a change on Japanese wikipedia I need to ask them to unblock that
specific IP. Note these are pre-emptive blocks. So no vandalism was done
from these addresses. I find this totally anti-wikipedia and an
extremely big nuisance. Every time I am busy doing interwiki it shows
up. And what pisses me off even more is that it doesn't show up when
editing .... but at the moment I save the page.

Bloody pissed Waerth/Walter van Kalken