[Foundation-l] Budget for Q1 2005 approved; fundraising drive planned

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 03:10:10 UTC 2005

Word on the street is that CFO Daniel Mayer pushed through another
difficult budget package at this evening's board meeting, with
bipartisan support (that is, from les deux partis"An") :

 Hardware:    $75K*
 Extra hardware/dev projects:  $20K**
 Hosting:      $16K
 Developer contract:      $8K***
 Travel:         $5K
 Office expenses:    $2.5K
 Hardware assistance   $1.5K
 Domain names:   $500
 Fundraising/Promotion:  $500
 Miscellaneous:   $1K

 TOTAL    $130K

 * $40K of which is explicitly covered by a recent grant from the
Lounsbery Foundation.
 ** If we meet our fundraising goal; shortfalls will come out of this line iteml
 *** Being negotiated; to cover part-time work and perhaps bounties.

More on meta:  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_budget/2005/Q1

==Fundraising Drive==
  We will have a fundraiser for three weeks starting Friday, Feb 18;
and hope to raise $75k.  Discussion of how to display and broadcast
the drive is welcome.
  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising

Here is the discussion from last September's fundraising meeting :
  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_meeting%2C_September_2004

--
+sj+