[Foundation-l] Re: promotional items (was no subject)

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 19:38:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:26:33 +0100, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would prefer that this is done on meta rather than foundation.

The point of having it on the foundation wiki is that it would be very
easy to add to the whitelist the filetypes which the leaflets and
presentations are in, since only trusted users can upload there. On
Meta, anyone can upload files, so it is less likely that these
filetypes would be whitelisted there.

> Besides, there are two few people registered on the foundation for this
> to be correct.
> If necessary, we can limit this ability to sysops only on meta.

There are 41 users on the foundation wiki and 44 admins on meta, so
even if there was a way to limit uploading of certain file types to
admins, it wouldn't make much different in terms of the number of
people able to do this.

Angela.