[Foundation-l] Re: promotional items (was no subject)

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 08:26:33 UTC 2005

Angela a écrit:
>>I would like that a little bit of room is planned on one of wikimedia
>>servers to host all these promotional things.
>>Second we need to have a way to upload this data on the server.
>

> I completely agree. An easy way to implement this might be to extend
> the range of files on the upload whitelist for the foundation wiki.
> Since only trusted users can edit there, enabling .pdf, .ppt, and .sxi
> shouldn't cause any problems, and would allow anyone with an account
> there to upload leaflets and presentations.
>
> Angela.

I would prefer that this is done on meta rather than foundation.

But the foundation site is display of what we show outside.
The meta is about organisation. It seems to me to be the right place
where it should be. Leaflets, business cards and such are items for
organisation purposes.

This is also the reason why the promotion page is on meta, and not on
foundation.

Besides, there are two few people registered on the foundation for this
to be correct.
And finally, editors can promote wikipedia without necessarily be linked
to foundation.

If necessary, we can limit this ability to sysops only on meta.

Anthere