[Foundation-l] Wikistandards (was Requests for new Wiki projects)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 03:32:49 UTC 2005

--- Robert Scott Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:
> Originally I proposed this in its own seperate domain, but to start with
> I'd love to simply make this a sub-project on wikibooks, with the
> near-term interest of making it a seperate sub-domain of wikibooks.
>  That wasn't my idea, but now that I've seen what and how things are put
> together here I think this is a more logical approach.  It really isn't
> a bunch of textbooks, as is the original focus of wikibooks, but it is a
> bunch of book-like things that are organized in a very similar approach.

Don't give up so easily. :)

What I really don't like are subject-specific ideas for projects (different
subjects can be handled through internal WikiProjects). You, however, implied a
general approach which I liked the sound of (a wiki devoted to all different
types of standards).

That may be a viable concept - it may not. But there is nothing wrong with
proving the concept on Wikibooks if that project's format and goals fit
well-enough -  could make for a series of nice books/booklets. You may also
find that there is no need for a separate project.

-- mav