[Commons-l] [Wikimediauk-l] Museums that allow photography, e.g. V&A

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:52:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:12 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The next generation of high end point and shoots may include an
>  increasing number of low light features  (well they will if the
>  manufacturers decide that 12 mega pixels is enough for now).

Forgive me for rolling my eyes on that one.  Except for Fuji (and even
that in a limited way), every time the p&s camera makers are faced
with a choice between more megapixels and better image quality, the
megapixels win.  It's been that way for at least the last five years;
however, in going beyond 10 megapixels, we seem to have reached a
point where there is no longer even a little real benefit to greater
megapixels; there's none at all.  No real extra resolution is being
produced.

I'd like to see it, but I don't see it happening.

Heck, it happened even in DSLRs; everyone except Canon suffered worse
performance in bad light going above 6MP.  The Nikon D3 is an
exception, of course, and the new Sony 12MP sensor appears to be much
better, but things really took a dip for a while.

-Matt