[Commons-l] Killing the main namespace?

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 29 17:08:16 UTC 2007

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>> Perhaps somebody can run a script through the main namespace that
>> filters out all pages that do not contain images?
>>

> Sure. I list these all the time...
>
> You can find a copy of a recent run here:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/scratch

Hmm, I see a variety of experiments here, by longtime editors as well as
newbs, also some vandalism. Perhaps post to the pump a proposal to whack
all non-galleries, and put up the list for everybody to review. For
instance, the bird family pages are clearly designed to facilitate
organization and monitoring, but at the same time I'm not sure anybody
is actually using them - family-level organization is almost entirely
category-based (one of the few points of agreement in the ToL area :-) ).

Stan