[Commons-l] Killing the main namespace?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:37:18 UTC 2007

On 1/29/07, Bryan Tong Minh <bryan.tongminh at gmail.com> wrote:
> What are you meaning with "reserving the main namespace for main
> pages"? Do you mean pages that currently reside in the Commons
> namespace?

No, the actual commons main pages. (There are many because of the
versions in other languages). Such as
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page ...

> Perhaps somebody can run a script through the main namespace that
> filters out all pages that do not contain images?

Sure. I list these all the time...

You can find a copy of a recent run here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/scratch

There are also a lot of junk pages which do somehow manage to have an
image in them. I often find them by looking for external links in the
main namespace.