Wikimedia Mailing List
Discussion list for the Wikimedia community and the larger network of organizations (Wikimedia Foundation, chapter organizations, affiliates, partners) supporting its work.
This mailing list can, for example, be used for:
- The initial planning phase of potential new Wikimedia projects and initiatives
- Organizational issues of the Wikimedia Foundation, chapter organizations, others
- Discussing the setup of local Wikimedia chapters
- Developing and evaluating grant-making programs
- Planning elections, polls and votes
- Discussion of projects that don't already have a mailing list
- Finding ways to raise funds
- Other Wikimedia-related issues
This is a high traffic mailing list. The list is moderated, and is publicly archived. Participants are asked to remain civil and stay on topic. There is a soft post limit of 15 posts per individual/month.
The list administrators are John Vandenberg, Asaf Bartov, and Shani Evenstein.