See the wiki version here:
This is the language committee report for August 2011.
=== Committee ===
* Wikimedia Australia and Wikimedia Indonesia are collaborating with
the language committee to organise a 2012 Languages Conference in
Indonesia. More info:
=== Requests ===
* Discussion about the request for a Northern Sotho Wikipedia. It
lacks activity, but it has been in the Incubator for years while
having the highest number of articles in a indigenous South African
* Discussion about the request for a Lezgi Wikipedia. One very active
editor, but more contributors are needed.
No formal approval (yet), but both or one of them may be approved soon.
=== Related ===
* The ISO 639-3 standard decided not to retire the language code
'www', even though it conflicts with websites like the
'www.wikipedia.org' portal. The code 'www' is assigned to Wawa, a
language of Cameroon spoken by about 3000 people.
* The Wikimedia Incubator now has "welcome pages" -- for example
links to the Dutch Wikipedia
says that it doesn't exist
and invites users to start that project. This will in the future
replace general "wiki does not exist" placeholders. More info: