[Wikipedia-l] Proposed fork of Wikipedia

Maury Markowitz maury_markowitz at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:15:15 UTC 2008

> "2" in articles without the change being corrected for months or even> years. Let's just try to build a more reliable resource with a more> pleasant and productive environment, one that many people will be> happy working in.
You know what makes the Wiki a "pleasant and productive environment"? Not having to deal with people who don't actually write articles telling me how to write articles. For instance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Good_articles/Project_quality_task_force

The Wikipedia is a collection of articles. All else is secondary, especially the rules. If you believe a different set of rules will somehow result in a better encyclopedia, by all means, go for it. In the meantime, does this thread really need to continue? I can't see any changes to your proposal that have resulted from the two weeks of discussion.

Maury

p.s. I'm calling it: it never gets a DNS.