[Wikipedia-l] Proposed fork of Wikipedia

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 05:59:43 UTC 2008

Thomas Larsen wrote:
> So let's not bother trying to guess the number of dissatisfied users
> out there - there are undoubtedly thousands of people who would _not_
> be satisfied if they knew what Wikipedia's community is like to work
> with at times and how vandals can change the number "7" to the number
> "2" in articles without the change being corrected for months or even
> years. Let's just try to build a more reliable resource with a more
> pleasant and productive environment, one that many people will be
> happy working in.

Do you feel you are providing enough incentive for the good authors in
the new project?
Somehow, I think you aren't going to attract *qualitatively* different
sort of content creators just on the basis of "less bureaucracy".
Are there any open-doc licences which allow for some sort of visible
signatures/credits?

---