[Wikipedia-l] "adminship is no big deal"

Habj sweetadelaide at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:42:10 UTC 2006

This statemant, "adminship is no big deal", originates from enwiki.
Could someone please explain in what circumstances this saying was
worded? I see it used meaning "adminship is no big deal, so you
shouldn't be so careful who to elect for this task" as well as
"adminship is no big deal, so you shouldn't try and find ways to get
rid of admins who are obviously unsuitable for the job".

My guess is: this sentence originates from the truly virgin stage of
wikipedia, where some people wanted to avoid others starting fighting
for admin (or at the time, "sysop") status. Currently, I see no reason
for the remaining of this statements in various places in the
Wikipedia namespace in various wikipedias - none at all.

/Habj