[Wikipedia-l] Deletion mechanism on wikis other than en:?

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:04:31 UTC 2005

Only the very largest Wikipedias have votes or other formal
mechanisms. Generally, from what I have seen, most Wikipedias only
delete pages if they're obviously vandalism or something else of the
type that would be speedily deleted on en:.

I think that this is because they have few enough articles that they
don't worry so much about whether or not an article really belongs --
they welcome anything they can get.

Mark

On 05/08/05, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:

> There's a big debate on en: right now about what to use as a deletion
> mechanism. The current [[:en:WP:VFD]] mechanism is very controversial -
> I and many others think it creates more acrimony than it's worth, and
> [[:en:user:Ed Poor]] actually deleted the page a couple of days ago!
> While it was quickly undeleted, it's set in motion debates about what to
> use for a deletion mechanism. Because I don't think anyone questions that
> we needsome sort of deletion mechanism for stuff that isn't obvious
> immediate speedy deletes - just that VFD is scaling badly and getting very
> acrimonious.
>
> So. What do other Wikipedias use as their deletion procedure?
>

> - d.

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE