[Wikipedia-l] Deletion mechanism on wikis other than en:?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Fri Aug 5 10:59:09 UTC 2005

There's a big debate on en: right now about what to use as a deletion
mechanism. The current [[:en:WP:VFD]] mechanism is very controversial -
I and many others think it creates more acrimony than it's worth, and
[[:en:user:Ed Poor]] actually deleted the page a couple of days ago!
While it was quickly undeleted, it's set in motion debates about what to
use for a deletion mechanism. Because I don't think anyone questions that
we needsome sort of deletion mechanism for stuff that isn't obvious
immediate speedy deletes - just that VFD is scaling badly and getting very
acrimonious.

So. What do other Wikipedias use as their deletion procedure?

- d.