[Wikipedia-l] Article def for {{NUMBEROFARTICLES}}

Jim McKeeth jim at mckeeth.org
Thu Sep 19 19:33:28 UTC 2002

What if each article had a flag for stub (or entry) vs. article.   Then we
populate all of these flags based on 1000 byte limit.  Later the flag can
be toggled for smaller articles that are complete in less then 1000
bytes.  There could be logic behind the flag that would prevent it from
being set if the article is under a certain size if that is a concern.

I agree that users should be given a default preference of random (or
searching) stubs or articles.  But they should always have the option of
going against their default preference without having to change their
preference.