[Wikipedia-l] "genetically unequiped" women

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Wed Sep 11 05:51:57 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 September 2002 07:10 pm, Jaap wrote:
> > >It's my oppinion that any matters of importance like
> > >those of politics, science, economics, philosophy
> > >should not be dicussed with women.
> > >
> > >One should never engage in serious discussions
> > >with women anyway. They are not genetically
> > >equiped for it.
>
> On Tuesday 10 September 2002 07:10 pm, Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:
> > If this is really your attitude, you are not mature
> > enough to be working on this, or any, project with
> > adults of any sex. If it isn't, I want an apology for the
> > insult. No, it isn't funny. And saying you were only
> > joking will not convince anyone of anything except
> > that you don't have the guts to admit you said something stupid.
>
> I agree. That is the second provocatively stupid thing I've hear Jaap say in
> the last few days - if for no other reason that it detracts from policy
> discussion and leads to unproductive posts (like the one I am making now
> simply to back up Vicki's point -- which wouldn't have been needed if the
> stupid comment wasn't made to begin with).

You are certainly one to critique Jaap.

I have not seen him attempt to initiate lynching
efforts by titling threads such as:

internet kook, etc.

You really think that is helpful when approaching
someone on behalf of the mailing list to ask that
they comply with predefined community customs,
rules, policies, etc.?

If provocatively stupid things are appropriate
then they are appropriate for all, if not
appropriate then they are not appropriate for
all.   Tis the American myth.

"With justice and liberty for all."

or

"With insults and intolerance for all."

Free advice follows, clearly worth nothing
because I am not a popular fellow at the
moment.

Pick your customs carefully.  You may
find yourself subject to them.

Regards,