[Wikipedia-l] Honr. B. Carroll Reece, Tennessee

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sat Sep 7 01:44:43 UTC 2002

Helga Hecht wrote:
> The coincidence is such, that not only the B. Carroll Reece article disappeared
 > without a trace (?) , but my stubs or articles in progress about
Communists in
 > America also seem to be gone.

Maveric moved your [[American Communists]] stub to the meta wiki, you
can find it here:
http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml?title=American_Communists

> Does wiki have a file for deleated topics, or is it just gone, once it is deleated?

Depends on when it was deleted; the current version of the database has
periodic backups back to July 30 (the Reece article doesn't appear in
any of them), and for relatively recent deletions there's also an
archive table in the database which stores deleted articles (but doesn't
contain the Reece article).

Oddly enough, Reece also doesn't appear in the phase II deletion log[1]
(February 28 through  July 19) or the phase III deletion logs[2].

So, who _did_ delete it, and when?

[1] http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Old_deletion_log
[2] http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_log
     (see history for prior to August 15)