[Wikipedia-l] Honr. B. Carroll Reece, Tennessee

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Sep 7 02:37:52 UTC 2002

At 08:14 AM 9/7/02 +0800, you wrote:

>While I looked Reece up on google, I came across information about the
committee he worked on and text of an article 'Tax Exempt Subversion'
>http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/reeceart.htm
>
>This mentions the problems with the Communists infiltrating America and I
would like to have someone read this and tell me, if any of this should be
mentioned in wiki.

>[M}y stubs or articles in progress about Communists in America also seem
to be gone.

>H. Jonat

Deleted too. A little different dynamic operating here though. The source
you mention comes from the McCarthy era and seemingly, so does your level
of understanding. The communist movement did infiltrate labor unions,
churches, the boy scouts, and probably foundations, and created front
organizations. However, it does not do to simply buy into McCarthyite
charges and hysteria and incorporate them into a wiki article.

Information on this topic requires genuine expertise or using information
from reliable sources. And there are many. Many people became disillusioned
with the Communist party and many of them wrote memoirs and there is now
information from the archives of the KGB available. You are going to have
to get a whole lot better at using this information before you are going to
be able to work in this area here without causing more heat than light.

What I saw of your work was not well done, (something about communists
infiltrating the Truman administration). My thought at the time is that you
know very little about America and are very poorly qualified to try to deal
with a subtle and difficult area of American history such as this.

Just your phrasing of the topic, "Communists infiltrating America", betrays
that. American Communism is pretty much a home grown product.

Fred Bauder