[Wikipedia-l] Less than an outright ban

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Wed Oct 23 07:54:12 UTC 2002

>But the real issue is acceptable criteria for imposing such a
>block.  While we all agree that outright vandalism and obscenity
>are legitimate reasons and that "point of view" and "emotional
>involvement" are really bad reasons, I hold that "demonstrated
>unwillingness to work with others" is a perfectly legitimate one
>as well, so long as one judges this on genuine content-neutral
>grounds.  Others may disagree.

I completely agree with you. Lir is not aware at all of the basic netiquette. Insulting other
users and changing their quotes is in my opinion equivalent to vandalism. How could
someone be called a useful contributor, if he calls other users "racists" or "idiots", and this
more than once. We should not make so many efforts to protect persons behaving this
way.

Mirko (Cordyph)