[Wikipedia-l] Admin privileges

Jens Frank JeLuF at gmx.de
Wed Oct 23 12:27:55 UTC 2002

Hi,

I just found this on my talk page:

> Thanks for doing the grunt work seeking out copyright violations
> and marking them for deletion. This is something I used to do
> a lot of but lately I haven't \ had much time to do this. I've
> also noticed that you don't appear to be an Admin. You might
> want to consider posting a note on the Wikipedia mailing list
> asking to be one -- I'll make sure it happens. Then instead of
> having to post pages like Cervidae on the votes for deletion
> page you can just delete the page yourself (these are recoverable
> by other Admins if you make a mistake). Thanks again for doing
> Wikipedia weeding. --mav

So I think I will have to do so. I always resisted becoming an
admin since admin privileges are always combined with admin duties,
but since maveric is not the first to complain that I always list
even the most stupid pages on [[Wikipedia:Votes for deletion]]
instead of deleting them myself, I think I should take this burden.

I promise not to delete any page that has similarities with an
article without prior discussion on the above page.

Best regards,

JeLuF