[Wikipedia-l] Re: DW

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 00:12:48 UTC 2002

On Saturday 12 October 2002 04:00 pm, wikipedia-l-request at nupedia.com wrote:
> As some of you may have seen from the Recent Changes page, I've been
> involved in an edit war with user DW (also appearing as various IPs
> starting with 209) over [[List of famous Canadians]]. DW, who did most
> of the initial work on the page wants to keep off Canadians that in his
> eyes are not famous. Most of the other editors (among others Camembert,
> GWO, and later I) argued that famous is a very subjective adjective, and
> that there is no reason not to add anybody that also has an article on
> Wikipedia (just having a bunch of empty links is less useful, except
> maybe for some very famous persons that lack such an entry).
>
> DW then started to vow he would keep reverting any changes regarding a
> Canadian music group (Be Good Tanyas). This evolved into name calling
> (especially directed at me), eventually in calling me fascist, etc. etc
> (see the talk page and edit history for some samples). I'm getting tired
> of dealing with DW, but I don't want to resort to banning or blocking of
> the page - not only would that make me a "fascist" (well, at least in
> DW's eyes), but he has made really valuable contributions in the past,
> and I don't want to scare away good editors.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeronimo

Others have complained about DW/209 before and his abusive language and
complete failure to offer supporing evidence for his accusations is not
acceptable IMO. He has already been told about our etiquette policy so I say
if he doesn't stop then there should be a temporary block after a warning. I
have seen no evidence to support the accusations that Jeronimo is "racist",
"fascist", a "moron" or even "anti-American". Also refering to Jeronimo or as
"hesheit" or the "fake Jeronimo" is over the top. We needn't encourage this
type of abuse by allowing it to continue indefinitely (the occassion outburst
is fine but DW/209 is showing a pattern of behavior).

BTW, this is the same DW who spewed similar abuse at JHK and demanded that she
present her credentials. It is my understanding that this was one of the
reasons why she left.
See;
http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:J_Hofmann_Kemp&oldid=200626
Look for "Credentials" and also "Call to the Militia"

I removed the credentials by JHK's request.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)