[Wikipedia-l] The Wikpedia family

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Mon Oct 7 21:07:08 UTC 2002

> On Monday 07 October 2002 12:03 pm Kurt wrote:
> > Want annoyed me when changing to Phase III was, that people
mentioned
> > dates that were unrealistic. Please don't make this mistake again
when
> > building the non-profit. Open source releases are driven by resolved
> > bugs, not by dates. If you say that it will take much time that's
okay.

> What dates are you talking about? Was there a promise that the German
> Wikipedia would be running on Phase III by a specific date? If that is
what
> you are talking about then I agree.

Yes, but I hope it didn't sound like an accusation. I'm referring to
statements like "short after ...", "in about ..." and such. Sorry for
not being clearer.

> "It's done when it is mostly bug-free and
> by the way you can help squash bugs" should be the main message with
maybe a
> rough estimate on a range of dates it might be finished.

Exactly.
Is there anything we can help with when founding the non-profit?

BTW, it seems I was unsubscribed from intlwiki-l at the end of
september. Am I the only one?

Kurt