[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: [Intlwiki-l] The Wikpedia family

Stephen Gilbert canuck_in_korea2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 02:22:00 UTC 2002

--- Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Monday 07 October 2002 12:03 pm, Eclecticology
> wrote:
>
> > There already appears to be a consensus about
> > having the project in a
> > non-profit corporation.  That's a little past
> > pre-planning.  It opens up
> > a whole lot of questions about corporate
> > structure
> > and what would go
> > into the constitution and by-laws.  What would
> > be
> > the most appropriate
> > jurisdiction for incorporation?  How many
> > directors should there be?
> > What constitutes a meeting of directors when
> > those
> > directors are
> > scattered around the world?  How do we insure
> > maximum accessibility to
> > members for corporate decision making, while
> > protecting the vision and
> > investment that went into the project in the
> > first
> > place, and at the
> > same time maintaining enough flexibility in our
> > rules so that the rules
> > themselves don't bring the whole thing to a
> > screeching halt? Etc., etc.,
> > etc.,
> >
> Point taken. These are very good questions that
> need
> to be worked out on the
> mailing lists and on Metapedia. A good thing to do
> would be to copy your
> questions into a Metapedia page and then we can go
> from there.

We might want to ask Rusty from Kuro5hin for some
advice. He is in the process of setting up a
non-profit, the Collaborative Media Foundation, and
is
hashing out all the nasty details.

If we want to do this, it would probably be best to
have Jimmy email him, rather than one of us random
foot soldiers.

Stephen