[Wikipedia-l] The Wikpedia family

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 20:33:45 UTC 2002

On Monday 07 October 2002 12:03 pm Kurt wrote:
> Want annoyed me when changing to Phase III was, that people mentioned
> dates that were unrealistic. Please don't make this mistake again when
> building the non-profit. Open source releases are driven by resolved
> bugs, not by dates. If you say that it will take much time that's okay.

What dates are you talking about? Was there a promise that the German
Wikipedia would be running on Phase III by a specific date? If that is what
you are talking about then I agree. "It's done when it is mostly bug-free and
by the way you can help squash bugs" should be the main message with maybe a
rough estimate on a range of dates it might be finished.

> Maybe you can keep us informed how things are going.
>
> Kurt

Yep - this is one of the things the Wikipedia Embassies will be used for.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)