[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia India Chapter

guru brahma wikibra at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 11 13:26:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I haven't received some of the mails on this mailing list and I had to check back on the mail server to see those mails - the two mails by Praveen Prakash and the reply to one of them from Sundar and two mails from Shiju Alex are the ones I can recall quickly. I had to go back to the server as I missed the continuity. Does it have to do with some code in the messages? - I could not find them even in my bulk/ spam/ trash folders.

Anyway, given that Meta is the coordination project for all Wikimedia projects, may I suggest that all the queries be directed at the relevant talkpages on Meta? The advantage is that it is easier to search, identify and track through history pages and the entire discussion is centralised at one place instead of multiple locations like this mailing list, IRC or telephone chats. Another advantage is that a user's comments stay there till perpetuity - letting us know his/ her perspectives and viewpoints over the years and the evolution therein. Hence, I suggest we start discussing the Wikimedia India Chapter at either of http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_India/MoA or http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_India. I, for one, would answer all the questions put forth to me on that forum.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement.

Cheers,
Srinivas Gunta.
Unified login across all Wikimedia projects: Gurubrahma

P.S. It may not be a bad idea for all of us using the mailing list to give our primary wikispace or unified login at the end of each message we send - I shd probably make it my signature.