[WikiEN-l] How to start a viable competitor to Wikipedia? Step 1 allow people to edit

Ancient Apparition fridaesdoom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 02:21:05 UTC 2011

Conservapedia seeks to rewrite history, it makes Convservative Christians
look like uninformed idiots, most Christians ALREADY KNOW that man did
land on the moon, the earth isn't flat, dinosaurs did exist, the earth
CAN'T possibly be 6000 years old and that the earth revolves around the sun.

I wonder what would have happened if scientists from the Middle Ages onwards
were allowed to develop their theories, we MIGHT have solved most of the
world's problems, or ended it early. Either way, it was the church's failure
accept change that held back the development of "superior Western
culture", the early Europeans were largely responsible for delaying the
advancement of technology.

The early Europeans did the "will of God", was doing the will of God
forcibly
delaying technological advances and forcing your religious beliefs on
another
person? I'm fairly certain the New Testament is different to the Old
Testament
in that it doesn't encourage violence as the means for conversion...

The "assimilate or die" behaviour was dismissed in the Old Testament.
Instead
Jesus preached love if I'm correct. Sure the NT says "atheists and heathens"
will rot in eternal damnation, but it doesn't hold the "assimilate or die"
belief.''