[WikiEN-l] How to start a viable competitor to Wikipedia? Step 1 allow people to edit

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:46:32 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get this error:
>
> "Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

> Blocking whole countries from viewing your website seems very
> counter-productive to me...

Yes, it's such a shame that us heathens in Europe are denied the great
knowledge of how the kangaroos managed to cling to logs after the
great flood, as with all of the other marsupials, individually, so
that they ended up only in Australia, and also how they managed to
develop sufficient genetic diversity in such a short time to be a
viable population.

Instead, we have to put up with the drivel in the Wikipedia, based on
*mere* observation, genetic analysis, fossils, biology, geology,
physics, chemistry and mathematics.

Something MUST be done to unblock this goldmine! I *would* suggest
that the WMF mirror the Conservapedia, but, alas, after checking the
Conservapedia license to use the work, unlike the more restrictive
license the Wikipedia uses, it appears to be revokable at will(!)

--
-Ian Woollard