[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

Michel Vuijlsteke wikipedia at zog.org
Thu Jan 21 20:07:50 UTC 2010

2010/1/21 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>

> Does anyone have a summary of the articles deleted in the present
> blood-crazed axe frenzy? Is there a list up? And/or a description of
> the general type of BLP deleted?
>
> I understand many were hardly-viewed articles with no edits in the
> last six months. Which sounds innocuous enough, but remember that
> [[John Seigenthaler]] was one of those until the subject noticed.

I don't get the entire controversy: is it not the case that only
*statements* can be sourced, and not entire articles?
Does that not mean that if  [[John Seigenthaler]] contained at least one
<ref> at the time, it wouldn't have been affected by this?

So why not go the whole hog and delete all BLPs where not every statement is
sourced?

Michel