[WikiEN-l] Eschatology and Wikipedia - talkback templates

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 03:01:37 UTC 2010

If we decide we want a bulletin board discussion instead of a talk
page it would not be difficult to do this from scratch (actually we'd
probably want to import code from existing licence-compatible open
source BBS projects--many BBS packages seem to be coded in PHP, which
would make integration a doddle). As I understand it, Liquid Threads
is just a kludge to make something resembling a BBS using talk pages
and a lot of cocktail sticks and sticky tape. That's why it's such a
hideous mess in practice.