[WikiEN-l] Stick this in your music theory and smoke it.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 02:15:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Surreptitiousness
> I think perhaps I'd ponder if we needed to be told on-list that someone
> was going on moderation.

Yep, it's a good question, and I did ponder it. FYI, at around the
same time, I placed another user on moderation, and didn't announce
the fact.

Arguments for announcing it:
- re-iterates policy for other users
- sometimes seems to produce a "thank god for that" effect from other
annoyed list members

Arguments against announcing it:
- tends to create further off-topic discussions like this one
- can feed trolls (ie, giving more attention to them in a public forum)
- can hurt feelings

Steve