[WikiEN-l] The Cat Cat, was Re: fictional categories

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 16:37:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Magnus Manske
<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Is lolcat in the list of fictional cats?

To take a concrete example, is "ceiling cat" a fictional cat?
Interesting question. Clearly the cat in question existed. But the
whole mythos of "ceiling cat is watching you" seems fictional somehow.

Anyway the previous comment about Felix the Cat being itself a
category reminded me how much I dislike categories. You never know
whether category membership is taxonomic (the subject of this page
*is* a fictional cat) or thematic (the subject of this page is
*related* to fictional cats). Same goes for subcategories.

Steve