[WikiEN-l] The Cat Cat, was Re: fictional categories

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:31:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Surreptitiousness
<surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Daniel R. Tobias wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:43:58 +1100, Steve Bennett wrote:
>>

>>> I agree with the statement that it should not be in that category.
>>> Essentially, because schrodinger's cat is not a cat. Felix the Cat is
>>> a fictional cat. Simba the lion is a fictional cat, in a broader
>>> sense. Schrodinger's cat is a concept in physics that has nothing to
>>> do with cats or fiction. There is no notable fiction in which
>>> Schrodinger's cat features heavily, for example.
>>>

>> This discussion led me to go check out the "cat cat[egory]", and find
>> that, inexplicably, Felix the Cat was omitted.  I remedied that.
>>

> Felix the Cat is in Category:Felix the Cat which is a sub-cat of the
> "cat cat", so all sorts of rules apply there.

I am glad that has cat-alyzed a con-cat-enation of actions. Could have
ended in a cat-as-troph(e/y) otherwise, if we couldn't see through the
cat-aract of it all.

Is lolcat in the list of fictional cats? Or has it its own lolcategory?

OK, I'll cat this short

Magnus