[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Surreptitiousness surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:52:55 UTC 2009

FT2 wrote:
> The main obstacle would be getting it used. I can see it being a nice idea
> but little used, unfortunately.

I think if we "abolished" deletion and rather moved articles to draft
space, you'd see it used a lot.  Obviously, really bad articles would be
deleted, but most of those are caught by csd.  It could liberate the
wikipedia, when you think about it.  Mergers may become much more likely
to happen, since there would actually be a tangible result in merging a
draft space article into a main space article.  I think it has potential
if we do reframe afd along the lines of keeping as a main space article
and sending to draft space. Cleanup might happen more often.  I'd
imagine DRV would become drafts for review.  We might have to loosen the
grip WP:N has though, or this could become a tool used to keep
"relatively" good articles from main space because of "I don't like it".
The idea has potential, it just needs a good salesman and a good grip on
pitfalls.