[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:59:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Marc Riddell<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

>> 2009/8/12 Emily Monroe <bluecaliocean at me.com>:
>>
>>> Marc IS participating in discussion here, so I don't see how the above
>>> statement applies to him.
>>

>> Mostly his habit of complaining on mailing lists and actively refusing
>> to engage on the wiki itself, where decisions about the wiki are
>> actually made. They aren't made here.
>>

> David, you "lead" not only by insinuation, but by deception. The Mailing
> Lists are the medium I choose to use. I am not looking for decisions to be
> made here, merely a consensus that there are, indeed, problems.

Marc, I understand your frustration, but the word "deception" and your
butting heads with David (who is unfortunately rather agreeably
butting back, as he is wont to do (shame, David)) were at least
unfortunate choices of words and could be considered uncivil.

On the point of a consensus that there are problems - is there anyone
who disagrees, strongly, with the thesis that we have civility
problems?

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com