[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 12 18:09:11 UTC 2009

on 8/12/09 1:18 PM, David Gerard at dgerard at gmail.com wrote:

> 2009/8/12 Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net>:
>
>> David, you "lead" not only by insinuation, but by deception.
>

> That's quite an accusation.

Yes, it is, isn't it.

> I'm still waiting for you to reveal the "Foundation-led" civility list
> you were on. There was one that wasn't. Was that the one you mean?

"There was one that wasn't"? Curious phrase. It was set up as a private list
and I will not breach confidentiality by revealing details about it.

>> The Mailing
>> Lists are the medium I choose to use. I am not looking for decisions to be
>> made here, merely a consensus that there are, indeed, problems.
>

> You've had that in spades, for years. There are problems. You then
> berated

"Berated" is your term, David. It reflects neither me, nor how I interact
with persons.

> all and sundry on various mailing lists despite being told
> repeatedly that you wouldn't get action on the matters

The only "action" I am looking for is for the powers that be to stop
ignoring a problem.

> unless you
> could convince the wiki community.

The community is not who I am trying to convince. And, as for your
statement, convince the community of what - that they are being abused? Do
you really think they need convincing? Many respond to the culture by simply
giving up and leaving. That is a part of what I am trying to prevent.

> You actively refused to engage with
> them.

That is simply not true.

> Your behaviour is that of someone who prefers familiar problems to
> working to solve them.

Analyzing my "behavior" is blowing smoke, David.

Marc