[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 03:10:50 UTC 2009

In a message dated 8/9/2009 7:42:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bluecaliocean at me.com writes:

> What if I live in a place where there isn't any library for hours (or
> days even) via whatever transportation I have available?
>
> What if I have a library...but it's under-resourced, under-paid and
> there's no way I can really get books or newsletter to help cite
> wikipedia?
>
> What would I do then? Do I just not verify citations?>>

Hypothetical. We don't require a system where any editor can verify any
citation.  We also don't want a system where a vanishingly small number of
editors can verify *a* citation.  We want something in the middle.

Your library itself does not need the item.  That is why God created
Inter-Library Loan.  Get jiggy with it.  It solves many problems.  Provided you
know the repository, and provided the item circulates at all, you can order it
to come to you.  You don't have to go to it.

Will Johnson