[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Mon Aug 10 15:02:11 UTC 2009

> I apologise for making it unclear that I was talking about the tone
> of the conversation as a whole rather than your comments specifically.

I think you're right. You WERE talking about the conversation as a
whole. However, I interpreted your comments as "This whole debate is
in attack mode, and Emilys' comments bought my attention to it. It's
so serious that I need to bring the lists' attention to it, as well."
That's why I was so defensive.

This has happened to me in the past, with a previous list. People were
even questioning whether or not I was who I said I was (I was a young,
probably mildly gifted pre-teen at the time)! Not an excuse, but since
I couldn't read your body language, I jumped to conclusions based on
past experiences. Sorry about that.

> My apologies for not having got to that point in the conversation at
> the time I replied.
My assumption was that you did. You need to think, read, think, and
then write (and think some more afterward).

Don't worry though, I forgive you, and I'll forget about it.